When I was in high school, I used to get up while it was still dark- hours before I had to leave for school- just to look on point for school that day. Sleep is a little bit harder to come by and waaay more valuable these days with a little one up as soon as the sunbeams hit our windows. I knew that when I became a mom, I did not want to “let myself go.” In fact, I was inspired to try harder to look my best for my hubby, my son, and myself! I know that if I was going to keep myself up though that I’d have to make a few changes to my hair and makeup routine. Here are some beauty hack that will make your life waaay easier and totally cut your time down in the bathroom!
Toilet seat covers to blot oil
Stay with me for a minute… to this day this is one of the best things I ever read on Pinterest years ago and I still do it today. We had toilet seat cover holders in my old office and you can find them in nearly every public restroom. Find the side of the paper that is not as smooth and simply dab it around the “T zone” (forehead, nose, and chin). You’ll see excess oil absorbed into the seat cover and gone from your face. This is an awesome way to dab up excess oil during that monthly time when hormones are freaking out and your oil glands can’t seem to get it together, or after a workout, or for an everyday matte finish. Try it once and you’ll be hooked.
Baby powder. So much baby powder.
I use baby powder so darn much!
Here are a few of the ways I use baby powder on a regular basis:
- Sprinkle it on my hairbrush and comb it through my hair for dry shampoo.
- Put some on sensitive areas after I shave to avoid irritation.
- Dab a little on my makeup brush and lightly brush over my face to set makeup and/or get rid of excess oil.
- Use after a workout if I have to run an errand before I go home.
- Use to clean dirt or sand off hands when a sink isn’t available.
- (Will also get hair off the back of your neck after a haircut).
All these ways to use baby powder and so so cheap!
Baby wipes aren’t just for dirty diapers. Use these instead of makeup removing wipes at home or on the go. You’ll get way more for your buck and the unscented wipes are gentle on skin. I have these in strategic locations EVERYWHERE. My room, baby’s room, bathroom, purse, car, office. I always have a baby wipe handy. I buy these in bulk from Amazon where I can get a pack for 6 for only $11 as compared to 1 pack of makeup removing wipes for $8.25!
Oh coconut oil. What would we do without you?! There’s so many uses for this one but I’ll try to narrow it down to the ones I use the most.
- Use coconut oil to gently and naturally remove makeup! Just take a very small scoop and let it begin to melt in your hands. Gently rub over eyes and all over face. Gently wipe away excess oil with a warm washcloth or baby wipe and let the rest of the oil soak into your skin to leave it feeling fresh and moisturized!
- Use as a natural lip balm free from artificial fragrances but still smells like you’re at the beach!
- Rub through the tips of your hair after blowdrying and styling in order to restore moisture and prevent breakage.
Hey guys, sharing is caring! I want to know YOUR beauty hacks. Got a good one??? Share it in the comments below!