This is going to be a shorter post of mine. Basically I’d just like to share my newest experiment with quinoa. I’m pretty new to the whole “quinoa” deal. Hey, I just learned how to pronounce it not long ago. But so far I’ve made quinoa pizza, not entirely unlike my spinach pizza crust recipe, quinoa bites, and now quinoa chili!
Don’t get me wrong- we love meat. But in the spirit of all things quinoa, give this recipe a try.
I was surprised with how similar this tasted to my ground beef chili! This is a super great option for you vegan eaters and those looking to pack in the protein as well. Did I mention this is made in a crock pot?! What ever else would you make chili in??
Alright so let’s get to it…
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ red onion
- 2 cans beans (mixed variety or kidney or chili)
- 1 4oz can chopped green chillies
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 tbs taco seasoning
- Add other chopped veggies as desired
- Hot sauce
- Soy sauce
- *My secret ingredient: curry powder!
- Add everything to the crock pot, cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. ENJOY!
Hope you enjoy this protein-packed crock pot meal as much as we did!