Sometimes with kids you just have to say “?!?!… whatever…”
When I was pregnant with David, I had such a picturesque portrait in mind of what it was going to be like to raise a child. His nursery would be Pinterest-worthy, he would be stylin’, his toys would be just as cute as they were educational.
These are the toys that are currently my child’s favorites:
- The prepackaged croutons from Wendy’s.
- That weird spoon thing for serving pasta that we never use.
- Anything that crinkles
- (see #1)
- Plastic water bottles
- Bag of chips
- Lotion bottles. OR…
- Shampoo bottles
- Water bottles
- Diaper rash ointment tubes (when he can get his hands on them).
- The kitty’s tail.
- An old shoebox
- The baby Einstein DVDs.
- Not watching them. Pulling them out of the box. Then having mom put them back in the box. And then pulling them out again. SO fun.
- Baby shoes. Apparently they taste good.
- My cell phoneUntil the screen locks. Then it gets thrown.
- Car keys
- House keys
- Office keys
- Playing tug-of-war with the diaper that I would like to put on him before another “accident” happens.
- He belly-laughs every. time.
As for the stylin’…
Today when I came home from work, David was wearing a white/brown/green t-shirt with pictures of puppies all over it accompanied by blue and black striped shorts and one sock.
And at one point I think David’s room was probably Pinterest-worthly, back when I was a nesting pre-momma. And that was probably really nice to come home to from the hospital. But that was a long time ago and a lot has happened since then…
Sometimes you just have to shake your head and say, “whatever…”