25 Summer Activities for Kids + Radio Flyer Giveaway!
I always feel like the winter months bring a tad bit more mom guilt with them. The fact that being indoors longer is simply inevitable has meant a little bit more TV and indoor activities and less time in the sun. But now that it’s getting warmer and spring is officially here, little boy and I have been spending much more time exploring our neighborhoods, sidewalks, and parks. I’ve even been leaving hints for my husband to plan our first beach trip!
Seeing our son enjoy the warm weather brings back so many memories of summers growing up with lots of siblings! I was one of 5 in a family that had two sets of twins, so I never had to play alone. Which is just one reason why I’m so excited that David will be getting a little sister soon! My mom homeschooled my siblings and I but as soon as school was over, we were outside playing in the yard and in our large, wooded property. We would spend hours outdoors every day and I have so many great memories from it! So many of those memories included an heirloom Radio Flyer red wagon that we would push and pull all over our neighborhood.
I believe that kids can learn SO MUCH by getting outside and simply playing! That’s why I am so excited to be partnering with Radio Flyer during their 100 year anniversary on March 29th! I recently went through the Build-A-Wagon process on Radio Flyer’s website and had so much fun creating the wagon in which my son and daughter will spend years making memories!
Here are a couple snapshots of what the process looks like online:
And then a few days later we were enjoying our wagon! David is loving it!
I am so darn excited about our wagon because I know the design is amazing and they’re built to last! I mean, they’re celebrating their 100th anniversary, makes sense, right? Radio Flyer also has awesome trikes and bikes, scooters, and other toys that the kids can enjoy for years. Radio Flyer’s founder Antonio Pasin started Radio Flyer in 1917 and his dream was to “bring joy to every boy and every girl!”
Do I smell a giveaway?!
So, do you like what I created? Or would you customize your wagon a little differently? Well, I’m so excited to say that you actually can! In honor of Little Red Wagon Day, I’m partnering with Radio Flyer to let you guys have a chance to win your own Build-A-Wagon! Entering the giveaway is easy: just share your favorite Radio Flyer memory on social media and use the two hashtags #radioflyer100 #livingthesweetwife. Easy peasy. The giveaway will last until April 5, 11:59 pm. The lucky winner will get a special code from me that will allow them to go through the Build-A-Wagon process and order their own custom made wagon, completely free! I can’t wait to hear about your memories!
25 summer activities for kids to enjoy
In the meantime, if you need some help thinking of summer activities to do with your Radio Flyer wagon, here’s a list of super fun and easy activities to do with the kids to get them out of the house, playing, and learning!
- Sprinkler time
- Find a new park to explore
- Take a walk on a walking path or trail
- Have the kids bring their scooters, bikes, or tote them in your wagon!
- Have a picnic in the yard or a park
- Spend the morning at the local lake, beach, or pool
- Or enroll the kids in swimming lessons!
- Find a VBS program that the kids can participate in
- Set up a tent in the backyard and let the kids camp out!
- Build a fire pit and roast hot dogs for dinner and marshmallows for dessert!
- Get out of the heat and spend the afternoon picking out books at the library or attend a reading club!
- Make ice cream sandwiches together
- Inspire your kids to set up a lemonade stand and earn a little bit change to buy themselves a reward from the dollar store!
- Plant a flower or vegetable garden together
- Take the kids on a mini fishing trip!
- Teach the kids how to row a boat!
- Take a day trip to a hands-on museum
- Visit an aquarium or zoo
- Arrange a sleepover at grandma and grandpa’s house (everybody wins!)
- Play a sport like catch, soccer, badminton, or volleyball
- Visit a farmer’s market and purchase some fresh produce for the week
- Go strawberry picking
- Decorate the sidewalk or driveway with chalk
- Visit an amusement park or water park
- Make homemade popsicles!
- Take the kids to a ballgame!
- Create a scavenger/treasure hunt around the house or yard
Got some suggestions of your own? Share them in the comments below! And don’t forget to share this post with whom you share your Radio Flyer memories!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Radio Flyer. The opinions and text are all mine.